google.com, pub-4988895920620082, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Woman Seals Lips Shut Tight With a Superglue She Mistook as Cream

A woman in New Zealand inadvertently glued her lips shut with superglue last week, superglue that she thought was cold sore cream. Unable to talk, she called emergency for help but could only grunt into the phone. 
 
The woman, 64, is now alright, but she had a few disquieting moments. It happened at night when she woke and decided to apply cold sore cream from a drawer in the bedside table. 
 
 
Problem was she'd put a tube of superglue there, too. It was the glue she picked out, and she applied it to her lips, unwittingly gluing them shut. To make matters worse, she had a cold that prevented her breathing easily from her nose. 
 
She told the Otago Daily Times that she came to realize what she'd done shortly after doing it and quickly became very scared. 
 
 ''I woke up, I think minutes later, to have a drink and I couldn't open my mouth," she told the newspaper. 
 
"I panicked. I thought I was going to die.'' Alone, she called emergency but that, too, turned into a frightening experience. "All I could do was grunt," she said. 
 
"They asked me where I lived and all I could say was 'mmmmmm'. I was dry retching. I felt like I was going to be sick. I was panicking. 
 
I couldn't open my mouth.'' The alert operator told the grunting woman to use tapping on the phone's mouthpiece to answer yes or no and managed to get the woman's address and dispatch an ambulance. 
 
Before the ambulance got there a police officer arrived, sent because the operator was concerned a crime had befallen the woman and that she may have been gagged. 
 
The officer calmed the woman down and when the ambulance came moments later they rushed her to nearby Dunedin Hospital where doctors used paraffin oil to unseal her lips. "It was wonderful," she said. "I thought 'praise the Lord'.'' Upon arriving home, she threw the glue in the garbage.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/353384#ixzz2XjgvReCR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *