google.com, pub-4988895920620082, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's Not Just Genital Warts

Many people question whether Human papillomavirus (HPV) in men is actually something worth worrying about, but HPV isn't just the cervical cancer virus.

HPV affects men as well, causing throat cancer, anal cancer and penile cancer as well as genital warts. Although it is hard to find testing for HPV in men, HPV in men is a real problem ... and not just because male HPV is a reservoir for HPV infection in women.



How common is HPV in men?

One 2008 study, published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, found that over the course of 15 months, more than half of the studied group of 290 sexually active young men spent at least some time infected with HPV. This is why it's so important to change the question from "can men contract HPV?" to "how does the human papillomavirus affect men?"

Interestingly, it's not that men are getting infected and staying infected. HPV is probably so common, at least in part, because men are getting new infections all the time.

The same study discussed above found that most men who were infected with HPV cleared the virus within six months of becoming infected — in other words, HPV was no longer detectable in their bodies. In fact, three quarters of men showed no trace of the virus after one year, and this was true whether the men were infected with cancer-causing (oncogenic) strains or non-oncogenic strains.

This is in contrast to previous studies, which found that women tend to stay infected with cancer-causing strains of HPV for longer periods of time. Women have also been shown to be more susceptible to oncogenic HPV than non-oncogenic HPV, something that, again, does not appear to be the case for men.

Even though men are good at kicking the HPV virus out of their bodies, it does not mean that HPV in men is not a real problem. In addition to the issue of genital warts, it is important to remember that men are susceptible to HPV-related cancers, even if they are less common than cervical cancer in women.

Hopefully, increased awareness of the problem of HPV in men will eventually lead to the development of a commercial test, and encourage men to get the HPV vaccine now that it has been approved for their use.

It is possible that such approval may happen sooner rather than later, since results of a new study suggest that the vaccine reduces the amount of symptomatic HPV disease as well as the number and length of infections in men.

6 comments:

  1. Clean the skin with a facial cleansing routine every morning and evening, or after a friend out of the house.click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to express my profound warm gratitude for the herbal medicine, which I got from Dr. Imoloa. I am now living a healthy life since the past 6 months. I am now a genital herpes virus free after the herbal medication I got from him. You can contact him for your medication Via his Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ Whats app- +2347081986098.Website- www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. king88bet adalah agen agen bola Online terbaik di indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. king88bet adalah agen agen bola Online terbaik di indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am from USA. I was suffering from HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal DR. Dr Chike on youtube, she said the Dr has herbal medicine that treat HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped people with. HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, HPV, HERPES, HSV 1 .2, Fever, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue and chronic pains. I never believed her but after a lot of talk. I decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via {DHL} with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Chike herbs .. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get treated Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 WhatsApp : +233502715551, or Facebook page, @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *